- Yield: 2 cups
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Pico de Gallo
I only make this appetizer in August. Fresh, perfectly ripe tomatoes are a must.
- Heirloom tomatoes - 2 large, or three small, unpeeled and chopped small dice
- Onion, red or white - 1/4 cups, finely minced
- Jalapeño - 1, seeded, deveined and finely minced
- Garlic clove - 1, peeled and finely minced
- Lime juice - Juice from one lime
- Salt - To taste
- Chop all ingredients and add to one mixing bowl, season with salt.
- Drizzle lime juice over the top and combine.
When making pico de gallo in August there will be a lot of juice. I sometimes pour a little juice off before adding lime juice. Serve with tortillas.