Minted Honey Glazed Carrots
The mint flavor in this dish is subtle but oh so good. Allow the carrots to rest in the sweet, minted butter sauce before serving. The key to this dish - fresh mint leaves.
- Carrots - 10-12, medium size, peeled and sliced lengthwise
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Mint - Small bunch, fresh leaves, stripped from stems
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon, or to taste
- Freshly ground pepper - 1-2 grinds
- Add carrots (sliced lengthwise and about 3/4 inch thick) to straight sided pan (or sautoir or brazier).
- Cover carrots with water. Simmer until carrots are almost soft, about 30 minutes. You may need to add more water during the cooking process but when the carrots are almost cooked, allow the water to "cook off."
- When the carrots are soft and the water is almost gone in the pan, add honey and butter. Simmer until the carrots are glazed, just 2-3 minutes more.
- Turn the heat off and stir in fresh mint leaves.
- Season with salt and pepper.