This incredibly simple and tasty recipe came from my aunt. The rich cream and bacon just makes this cabbage melt in your mouth. This recipe might even convert those non-cabbage eaters!
- Cabbage - 1 small, sliced thinly
- Sugar - 1 tablespoon
- Flour - 2 tablespoons
- Heavy cream - 1 cup
- Bacon - 6 slices
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Pepper - 4-5 grinds, freshly ground
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place sliced cabbage in casserole dish or pan (that has a cover).
- Whisk together sugar, flour, cream, salt and pepper in bowl. Pour over cabbage.
- Lay 6 slices of bacon over the top of cabbage and cover.
- Cover and bake for one hour.
- Remove cover from pan and bake for 15 more minutes or until bacon is crispy.
- If the bacon is not crispy ... place it under the broiler for a minute or two.
- Serve immediately.