Asparagus with Dukkah, Feta & Basil
Here is another restaurant side dish that I have backed into for home use. I had not used Dukkah before but it is a wonderful Egyptian spice blend that incorporates nuts. I made my own blend and included link to recipe here. This recipe makes a lot of Dukkah and a little goes a long way. Store leftover Dukkah in the refrigerator.
- Asparagus - 1 pound, washed & trimmed
- Water - 1 cup
- Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
- Olive oil or butter - 1 tablespoon
- Dukkah spice blend - 2 tablespoons
- Feta - 1/3 cup, crumbled
- Basil leaves - 4-5 leaves, torn in small pieces
- Fresh ground black pepper - 2 grinds
- Salt - Adjust to taste
- Add cleaned, trimmed asparagus and salted water to straight-sided sauté pan. Simmer until cooked to crisp-tender.
- Drain off excess water and toss with olive oil or butter. Sprinkle with Dukkah spice blend, feta cheese crumbles and torn basil leaves.