- Yield: 3/4 cup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Garlic Basil Butter
This butter is so good over veggies or add it to your scrambled eggs or omelet. Spread on toast, sweet corn, fish, pasta... I use flavored butter for a quick finish to vegetables all summer long and when fall arrives I add just a little to my soup. (A trick used by many chefs.)
- Basil leaves - 1 large sprig, fresh, leaves removed from stem
- Garlic - 1 clove, very finely minced
- Butter - 1 stick, cold, diced
- Salt (optional) - 2 shakes
- Very finely mince one clove of garlic on large cutting board.
- Roughly chop basil leaves on the same cutting board.
- Combine garlic and basil in one pile and place the diced butter on top. Continue to chop the butter until the garlic and and basil are well incorporated. Sprinkle salt over the top.
- Press into container and refrigerate or freeze.