- Yield: 2 cups/ 1 pint
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
Green Goddess Dressing
Layering salad ingredients in a Mason jar and carrying it to work or school is a thing and I have seen numerous combinations of veggies that can be added to the Mason jar. I keep it simple and layer favorite salad ingredients in a quart jar for the family and just dump it on a serving platter when I am ready to serve. (For a single lunch, I use a pint jar.) And to up my salad game... I whiz my dressing in the Vita-mix for a wonderful, healthy and flavorful dressing.
The back story on this dressing: it was invented at the Palace Hotel in San Francisco in the 1923 in honor of William Archer's hit play The Green Goddess.
Oh, and I don't skip the anchovies. Just like Caesar Salad, the anchovy is absolutely key to making this delicious dressing.
Adapted from the Green Goddess recipe in the Joy of Cooking: All About Salads & Dressings.
- Mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Sour cream - 1/2 cup
- Scallions - 1/4 cup, finely minced
- Parsley - 1/2 cup, fresh, minced
- Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Vinegar - 1 tablespoon, Champagne
- Anchovies - 3, rinsed, dried and minced
- Salt - 1/4 teaspoon, fine
- White pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Tarragon (optional) - 1 tablespoon, fresh
- Garlic clove (optional) - 1, minced
- Add all ingredients to Vita-mix (or food processor) and blend until smooth.
- Adjust for salt and pepper.
- This dressing can be refrigerated for one week.