Fennel & Orange Salad with Spring Greens
A super easy salad that brings lots of spring flavors into play. Fennel is great roasted or fresh but when using in a salad I slice it very thin and by letting it sit in the vinaigrette for a few minutes it softens just enough to make a great add to this salad.
And, lots of black pepper please!
- Orange juice - 1/4 cup, fresh squeezed
- Extra virgen olive oil - 1 tablespoon
- Honey - 1-2 teaspoons
- Fennel bulb - 1, sliced very, very thin
- Spring greens - 3 cups, arugula or baby spinach or both
- Orange slices - 12 slices or one can of mandarin oranges, drained
- Goat cheese - 2 ounces
- Cilantro leaves - Garnish
- Salt - To taste
- Pepper - To taste, freshly ground, black
- Mix orange juice, olive oil, honey in small bowl.
- Very thinly slice the fennel bulb and add to the vinaigrette.
- Clean and prepare greens and divide between four salad plates.
- Add slices of orange and top each salad with fennel slices.
- Drizzle remaining dressing over salads.
- Top with goat cheese and sprinkle with cilantro leaves.