Classic 1000 Island Dressing
I think I may have been a salad dressing deprived child. As a child the only dressing I remember in the refrigerator was Western. I did not like it.
Today my salads will often just have a squeeze of lemon or a drizzle of my red wine vinegar but a homemade classic, creamy dressing is a treat. And I like making it myself, it gives me the opportunity to control the quality and freshness of ingredients.
- Mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Ketchup - 1/4 cup
- Gherkin pickles - 2 tablespoons, minced
- Scallions - 2 small or one large, minced
- Parsley - 1 tablespoon, fresh, minced
- Chives - 1 tablespoon, fresh, minced
- Salt - To taste
- White pepper - To taste
- Add all ingredients to small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Use immediately or refrigerate. (I think it tastes better after it has been refrigerated for a few hours.)