Blackened Salmon Tacos
At a recent birthday lunch with a dear friend we both ordered the salmon tacos. They were amazing, so to the best of my ability ... here is my attempt at duplication. I and my husband just looked at each other when biting into this taco. We both realized, I got it right.
You can buy blackening seasoning but this recipe at The Wicked Noodle for The BEST Blackening Seasoning worked wonderfully in this recipe and you can use it on any meat or add to vegetables. I added a tablespoon of brown sugar to this mixture.
- Salmon - 4 filets, 5 ounces each
- Olive oil - 2-3 tablespoons
- Lime - 1, juice of one
- Blackening spice - 1 tablespoon
- Cilantro-Lime Slaw
- Cabbage - 2 cups, sliced very thin, green (not red)
- Lime juice - 1 large lime, fresh squeezed
- Canola oil - 1 tablespoon
- Sugar - 1 teaspoon
- Cilantro - 2 tablespoons, finely minced, fresh
- Red onion - 1/4 cup, thinly sliced
- Salt & pepper - To taste
- Sriracha Mayo
- Mayonnaise - 1 cup
- Sriracha - 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon (your preference)
- Lime juice - 1 tablespoon
- Corn flour (masa) tortillas - 8
- Avocodo - 1, pitted, peeled and cut into 16 slices
- Radishes - 2, sliced thin
- Marinate salmon (with skin removed) by sprinkling fish with blackening spices. Drizzle with lime juice and olive oil.
- Allow salmon to marinate on the counter (not in the refrigerator) for one hour.
- To make cilantro-lime slaw, combine cabbage, lime juice, canola oil, sugar, cilantro, red onion, salt and pepper in a bowl. Set aside.
- To make sriracha mayonnaise, combine mayonnaise, lime juice and sriracha and set aside.
- After salmon has marinated for one hour, lightly oil pan and place over medium high heat. Once salmon is blackened on both sides, turn the heat down (med-low) and allow salmon to cook through. Salmon will be cooked through in about 10 minutes but time will vary based on thickness of your filet.
- While fish is cooking, prepare tortillas by first lightly dry toasting (with no oil) on a griddle. Then spread each one with sriracha mayonnaise, about a tablespoon.
- Divide cilantro-lime slaw between each taco.
- Top each taco with salmon (1/2 filet each) and then garnish with sliced avocado and thinly sliced radishes.
5 stars - based on 2 review(s)