Simple Trout Tonight
American farmed trout is good for you and good for the environment according to the Monterey Bay Aquarium. This is a recipe that I make often. When I was working for Corporate America I needed a lot of these types of recipes, fast, easy, and healthy. You can also throw these trout on the grill; brush the outside skin of the trout with oil before grilling. (Grill time will vary but fish is done when flesh has turned white.)
- Trout - 4, trimmed and heads removed
- Pepper - Fresh ground
- Lemons - 2, large
- Olive Oil - 1 tablespoon
- Thyme - 8 sprigs, fresh
1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Open the trout body and sprinkle flesh with salt and fresh ground pepper.
3. Drizzle lemon juice over flesh of all four trout.
4. Drizzle olive oil over flesh of all four trout.
5. Place two sprigs of fresh thyme and one or two lemon wheels in each body. Close the trout body up.
6. Place on sheet pan lined with parchment and bake for 20 minutes.