Spicy Beef Kebabs
Putting things on a stick and then grilling them… that’s summer. Kebabs, whether meat or vegetable, are quick and easy. And when you find the right marinade, it can be magical.
Lean towards more marination time rather than less as it will add flavor and help to tenderize the meat.
- Olive oil - 1/4 cup
- Finely chopped oregano - 2 tablespoons
- Ground cumin - 2 teaspoons
- Garlic cloves (minced) - 4
- Ground coriander - 1 teaspoon
- Cayenne pepper - 1/4 teaspoon
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Sirloin steak, trimmed of fat, cut into 1/2 inch pieces - 2 pounds
- Stir together the oil, oregano, garlic, spices, and salt in a bowl, then toss with beef. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours and as long as 8 hours. Soak wooden skewers in water.
- Take the meat out of refrigerator early enough for the meat to come to room temperature. Prepare grill for direct-heat cooking, over medium-hot charcoal or high heat for gas. Place about 4 pieces of beef on each skewer and transfer to platter.
- Oil grill rack, then grill beef, covered only if using a gas grill, turning until browned but pink inside, 4-5 minutes.