Brussels Sprouts and Apple Salad
I recently had a raw, shredded brussels sprouts salad and was pleasantly surprised. It was really good. I have created my own version below using my Apple Cider Vinaigrette (http://peelerspansandpeppers.com/salads/apple-cider-vinaigrette/). I have also tried this salad with goat cheese instead of blue cheese and liked the results.
- Brussels sprouts - 4 large or 5 medium, outer leaves removed, and very thinly sliced
- Apple - 1, Granny Smith, unpeeled, medium size dice
- Dried fruit or raisins - 1/2 cup
- Walnuts - 1/2 cup, roughly chopped and toasted
- Blue cheese crumbles - 1/3 cup
- Apple Cider Vinaigrette - 2-3 tablespoons
- Salt - To taste
- Freshly ground black pepper - 2-3 grinds
- Prepare ingredients. I use a chef's knife to slice brussels sprouts as finely as possible.
- Add brussels sprouts, apple and raisins to large bowl.
- Add Apple Cider Vinaigrette (http://peelerspansandpeppers.com/salads/apple-cider-vinaigrette/) to bowl and toss until all ingredients are glistening.
- Move brussels sprouts mixture to serving bowl or platter.
- Top with toasted walnuts and blue cheese.
- Taste and adjust for salt and pepper.