- Yield: 3/4 cup
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
Personally, I think a touch of mustard makes anything taste better. Pour this dressing over poached fish, hardy greens, grains, cooked beets or broccoli. This particular vinaigrette is a favorite of mine and I will often use a version of this for my kale salad. For that, I replace the red wine vinegar with cider vinegar and add a tablespoon of honey.
- Dijon mustard - 1 tablespoon
- Red wine vinegar - 1 1/2 tablespoons
- Fresh lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Garlic clove - 1
- Extra virgin olive oil - 1/2 cup
In a small bowl or measuring cup, combine the mustard, vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Peel the garlic (or shallot) and finely chop. Whisk in the olive oil.